Your World of Text is an infinite grid of text editable by any visitor. The changes made by other people appear on your screen as they happen. Everyone starts in the same place, but you can scroll through the world using your mouse.
Put any letters at the end of the URL to go to a new world. For example, http://yourworldoftext.com/forexample. They all start off blank. If you use something hard to guess, no one will be able to visit your world unless you tell them about it.
Update on September 23, 2009
- The move from App Engine to my own server is finished. Expect lots of improvements in the coming week or two.
- The worlds from the original site and the beta site are all still there. The worlds that were at http://beta.yourworldoftext.com/[worldname] have been moved to http://www.yourworldoftext.com/beta/[worldname]. If you own one of these worlds and want it moved, email me.
- The old front page has been archived, because it had gotten boring. There's a new blank slate. Enjoy. The old one will be available soon in read-only mode.
- Before running a script that reads from or writes to Your World of Text, please contact me to let me know. Some people have done some creative stuff, so I want to support scripting, but tell me about it ahead of time no matter what it is.
- Writing on www.yourworldoftext.com has been disabled in preparation for the move to a new system. Should be done tonight.
Update on August 27, 2009:
- If your community wants to set up a restricted-access "world", start at http://beta.yourworldoftext.com/accounts/register/