News & Updates
- From March to May of this year, I was a student at the School for Poetic Computation. A few projects from my time there:
Scribble (with Eve Weinberg),
Movement Studies: Pigeon & Scooter (also with Eve),
June 1, 2015
- Launched the official site for Miranda July's new novel, "The First Bad Man". You can bid on real-life versions of items mentioned in the book (all proceeds go to charity). Coverage in the Times.
December 3, 2014
- With Nick Doty, I've implemented the Protocol for Open Opt-in Online/Offline Friendship, allowing you to add me as a friend via the link above.
October 25, 2014
- Some fun quotes in Businessweek. March 31, 2014
- Started a side blog focused on cryptocurrencies. Probably a temporary project... January 21, 2014
- Catch me in the SF Weekly. July 12, 2013
- Jotleaf.com is an interactive canvas for the web.
You can click anywhere on a Jotleaf to add writing, pictures, or media embeds.
Made over the course of nine months with Dima Ofman.
March 25, 2013
- ForNowBand.org is an experimental website for my friend Zeina's album release.
Design help from Lauren Forbus. July 27, 2012
- Memekit lets you put funny captions on pictures of your friends. April 25, 2012
- Seddit is a chat website based around Reddit. February 21, 2012
- Introvert at the Party, a little art/game thing. December 8, 2011
- I made a lyrics website for obsessive Joanna Newsom fans: http://www.joannanewsomlyrics.com/. You can compare different versions of a song. October 22, 2011
- Open-sourced my Django Fabfile, for quickly deploying and updating Django projects. Get the code. August 10, 2011
- Open-sourced Flowgram.com, the first startup I worked at. Get the code. June 30, 2011
- I posted analog-go to GitHub. This project from 2007 tries to generalize the board game Go to real-number coordinates. June 16, 2011
- Slurp Champ Downs 105 Oysters at Woodhouse Fish Co. June 15, 2011
- Faxins.com presents the web's most popular faxes! It's like Reddit, but you submit by fax. Another April Fool's project. Made with Shawn Lewis. April 1, 2011
- Finalist in the New Yorker caption contest. October 4, 2010
- Your World of Text is now open source. July 25, 2010
- Some things I write will be on this here log. June 3, 2010
- Launched autolib, "the last Python library you'll ever need". April 1, 2010
- Announcing Your World of Text. Read the description. August 5, 2009
- Google just announced that the number of unique URLs on the web has reached one trillion. I am proud to announce the second trillion. July 27, 2008
- Today I presented my paper Hyper-minimization in O(n2) at the Conference on Implementation and Application of Automata, which happened to take place in San Francisco this year. You can download the paper above or just the slides. July 21, 2008